Two New Interviews...Dojo War info


On Sunday I met with and interviewed Peter Mikalajuanas, cousin of James Konsevic. As I said before, this was going to be hard for me. I had little information about Konsevic I did not even know where to start. So I am grateful that Peter contacted me while he was working on family history. Peter was able to obtain the police report for the Dojo War and now crime scene images.

He has also given me some photos of Jim that allow me to humanize him. I was very concerned that I find a way to give Konsevic life and not just perpetuate the idea of "hapless victim." Peter speaks honestly about his cousin in the interview. Iy is important that we hear the repercussions his death had on his family.

I also interviewed Chris Pieschala, 4th Dan Tae Kwon Do (Ji Do Kwan) & Hap Ki Do. Chris also has 2 years of study in Diato-ryu Aikijujutsu while in Okinawa.

Chris has been acting as a consultant for the film. He has been around awhile and has helped me to fill in some blanks and dead ends. He has led me to some interesting sources and helped me establish some leads to Dante's possible training in California and presence in the Bay Area, and possibly Seattle in the early 1960s.

Comments

johnpatricio said…
Good stuff Floyd. Hey, if you ever come out to the Bay area again we should meet. Take care man and keep up the good work.

Popular Posts