Chicago Reader Article July 14


Dan Kelly's Chicago Reader article is out. After a few months wait, having done the interview months ago, the Reader has done well by us. My hope is that the article will be a boost to my search for additional funding for the project.

Additionally, I am hoping it will unearth some new information, bring some missing parts of the puzzle out of hiding so I can put this story to rest. It looks really good, reads well and is all over Chicago and the Suburbs. There is little mention of the Puralator robbery, it leaves something for me to tell. :-)

Not bad for a "no-budget" project.

I have my oldest son, Jason, working on the revised budget today. We have officially transitioned from "no-budget" to "lo-budget." I think I will maybe do a fundraiser in August if not sooner. I did get a few "interesting" emails from some west coast parties by about midnight after the article appeared. Nothing serious. Self-reliance first.

Thanks, Dan. You did a great Job. Thanks Chicago Reader, for getting behind a local independent filmmaker.

See the Count Dante Article in the Chicago Reader here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the picture of the count and Bill Aguiar and others with the red sweat pants and black sweat shirts BDFS was taken at the main school on durfee street before it burnt down. There were 10 -12 "black belts under Bill and the count. Paul sousa, brian mello, paul bilsky, don wood, john creeden, and others. there is a picture around that ties them all in. You are doing a great job. Fall River is the key to completion

Popular Posts