Defamation has it's own repercussions

Personally, I could care less what is said about me by people who oppose my making The Search for Count Dante because I refuse to paying them a blackmail fee for their attempts at copyright abuse. It has been clearly show in open court and stated by a Federal Judge I have the legal protection of Fair Use even if they ever did prove copyright over anything. They have not done so to date.

What bothers me is that individuals seek to slander and defame the names of others who are cooperating with me in the making of this film.

John Creeden III, crony and allie of William Aguiar, has continually slandered and insulted people I have written about in my blog. He uses his blog to attempt to undermine me in his deluded sense of megalomania. Like children, they seek to destroy what they cannot have. Of late they have launched unprovoked attacks on Master Joe Dodoro. This stuff has to stop.

Dodaro has doe nothing to them said nothing about them. Dodaro is a professional martial arts instructor and a successful, respected businessman. It is shameful of Creeden to constantly annoy people in order to attempt to disrupt the making of the film. It is not working.

They merely react to undermine to attempt to impose their own inflated sense of importance over a historical period of martial arts that they were not even involved in.

Creeden can claim free speech all he wants but people like Sue Scheff have won as much a s$11 million in a jury verdict "...for damages of what was done to my organization, my family and myself by an angry and obsessed woman. I fought back - I won." she reports.

He thinks there is no possible repercussion for his actions. This is so foolish. I am breaking my silence to speak about this because I feel really bad about Joe being drawn into this mess. I was silent when he Creeden attacked Lawrence Day, and Mike Felkoff. I am not being silent now.

It was agreed in Judges chambers that this crap would stop. William Aguiar asked for it to stop, not me. I am not nor have I ever been an instigator of this online harassment and defamation. My only "crime" has been to stand up against this illegal blackmail related to their attempts to abuse copyright, in my opinion.

Creeden attempts to stifle and make me reluctant to write about my experiences or people I come in contact with in the course of making the film or fear of the spin that he will use against them. He seeks to stifle my free speech by making me fearful of his idiocy. Too bad for him. All is well and the film is being made. I am using what I am allowed to under fair use and that is the end of that. He can call me a thief, crook, whatever all he wants. He can threaten me with alledged hitmen named "Just Ray" and wish me ill health all he wants. That does not change the my right to Fair Use.

Creeden, most likely with Aguiar's knowledge, seek to slander and defame people who are more qualified, more experienced than they are out of spite, jealously and some weird sense of entitlement because their dad's knew John Keehan 35 years ago. I mean, they are like the Scientologists of martial arts with no following, just a computer and an internet connection. They really believe there are few repercussions for their actions. Read the following related to Ms Scheff's case.

"A recent case showed how powerful Defamation laws, applied online, can be. In November 2006, a Florida woman, Sue Scheff, was awarded $11.3 million in damages in Broward County Circuit Court, in one of the biggest awards ever tolled. The suit was filed for Internet defamation, and the jury found a Louisiana woman had posted caustic messages against the Scheff and her company, claiming she was a "con artist" and "fraud". The jury found the charges were completely false, so the Louisiana woman had no defense. Interestingly, Scheff's attorney had offered to settle the case for $35,000 before it went before the jury."

Kelly O'Connell, IBLS Editor
Understanding Internet Defamation
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Creeden's crap online in archived forever in the history of the internet. I will not discuss this again online. Let the chips fall where they may. I cannot be stopped, nothing Creeden says will stop the completion of this film and his attacks on other people will only further confirm his lack of class and intelligence.

I don't think this entry will change Creeden's behavior. I am saying what I need to say in order to let the people who have helped me in the project with information with kindness and courtesy know that I oppose this kind of behavior that Creeden is directing at them.

I expect Creeden will find something else stupid to say after he sees this post, in all the predictable ways.

I apologize to my lawyers, but I can't allow this guy to just attack people who merely gave me an interview or who have just tried to help in the making of the film. Something had to be said.

Comments

Popular Posts