More rumours, no proof....

I have to contend with others who challenge my right to make this film. They weave a tale of a character way beyond the comic book image I began to investigate. They seek to reinvent and exaggerate the last years of Dante's life with no proof. I wish them the best of luck in their endeavors.

There is only so much truth to be had here. The proof is in the telling and documentation. Sure, I could create a mythology greater than anyone could imagine regarding Dante, but why bother. The truths I discover are interesting enough in themselves. I am looking to put the urban mythologies to rest.

I did not set out to get involved in a "how sleazy a light can I cast Count Dante in" contest. And I will not. I set out to tell a tal of a man who ended up in a grave with no marker. A man who effected the lives of many and became an underground symbol in global popular culture. Simple....not!

I am close, my interviews continue, more footage and photographs of the Chicago period surface. Controversy has it uses.

Comments

Popular Posts